BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a central Ohio school superintendent has been charged with a sex crime involving a 10-year-old girl.
The Springfield News-Sun reports (http://bit.ly/2sVr3mP ) the Indian Lake Local Schools has placed 52-year-old Patrick O’Donnell on paid leave after he was arrested by Washington Township police on Monday and charged with gross sexual imposition. Police say the alleged crime occurred three years ago.
The Logan County prosecutor says the now-13-year-old girl wasn’t an Indian Lake student.
O’Donnell was freed on bond after a court appearance Tuesday. His attorney didn’t return calls Wednesday seeking comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
School board members declined to answer questions after voting Monday to place O’Donnell on leave.
Police say O’Donnell’s arrest came after the girl’s parents contacted Logan County Children’s Services. Police wouldn’t describe the relationship between O’Donnell and the girl.
Information from: Springfield News-Sun, http://www.springfieldnewssun.com