CINCINNATI (AP) — Police in Ohio say a driver fleeing a traffic stop crashed his vehicle into a tree, killing all three occupants.
Authorities say the crash occurred early Wednesday in Cincinnati after an attempted traffic stop. Springfield Township police say the driver made a lanes violation and a registration check showed multiple driving suspensions linked to the car’s license plate. The driver fled at a “high rate of speed,” and officers reported losing sight of the vehicle.
Cincinnati police say 36-year-old Mussah Pierre lost control of the 2013 Chevrolet Impala. They say the vehicle crossed the center line, hit a parked vehicle, overturned and hit a tree.
Police say Pierre, 35-year-old John Edwards and 21-year-old Jermaine Tucker died at the scene. Police didn’t identify their hometowns.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
Authorities found handguns and marijuana inside.