PORT CLINTON, Ohio (AP) — Ohio authorities say a man whose wife died when their SUV caught fire has succumbed to his injuries.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol reports that 71-year-old Dennis John Svihlik died early Sunday at a Cleveland hospital.
The patrol says the 2005 Chevy Trailblazer caught fire Friday afternoon near the Lakeside-Marblehead exit on State Route 2 in northern Ohio’s Ottawa County. It was engulfed in flames within seconds.
Dennis Svihlik, of Garfield Heights, was sitting in the front passenger seat and rolled out of the SUV before it stopped, causing the injuries that led to his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
Sixty-five-year-old Jo Ann Svihlik, who was driving, couldn’t get out and died at the scene.