DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man has been arrested on charges he fired shots at a car, hitting a 2-year-old boy in the head with a bullet.
Montgomery County court records show that a judge Wednesday ordered 20-year-old Nickolai (NIHK’-oh-leye) Gray Jr. held on $500,000 bond. He was jailed Tuesday on six charges, including four counts of felonious assault.
The clerk’s records didn’t show an attorney listed for Gray. His next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 7.
The child, Christian Green, was in critical condition Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fauci on what working for Trump was really like
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- Supreme Court ends Trump emoluments lawsuits
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
Police say a man fired several shots at a car that subsequently crashed into a tree on Christmas Eve in Dayton. Christian was hit with a bullet fired from the rear. Police say the suspect was involved in a dispute with a passenger in the vehicle.