DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man has been arrested on charges he fired shots at a car, hitting a 2-year-old boy in the head with a bullet.
Montgomery County court records show that a judge Wednesday ordered 20-year-old Nickolai (NIHK’-oh-leye) Gray Jr. held on $500,000 bond. He was jailed Tuesday on six charges, including four counts of felonious assault.
The clerk’s records didn’t show an attorney listed for Gray. His next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 7.
The child, Christian Green, was in critical condition Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hunting leaks, Trump officials subpoenaed Apple for data of 2 Democrats in Congress
- How many oceans does Earth have? National Geographic now says 5.
- A man dumped 80,000 pennies on the lawn for his last child-support payment; his daughter paid it forward
- Oregon House expels GOP lawmaker who let far-right rioters into state Capitol: 'He has shown no remorse'
- 2 passengers test positive for COVID on first North American cruise since pandemic started
Police say a man fired several shots at a car that subsequently crashed into a tree on Christmas Eve in Dayton. Christian was hit with a bullet fired from the rear. Police say the suspect was involved in a dispute with a passenger in the vehicle.