DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man has been arrested on charges he fired shots at a car, hitting a 2-year-old boy in the head with a bullet.
Montgomery County court records show that a judge Wednesday ordered 20-year-old Nickolai (NIHK’-oh-leye) Gray Jr. held on $500,000 bond. He was jailed Tuesday on six charges, including four counts of felonious assault.
The clerk’s records didn’t show an attorney listed for Gray. His next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 7.
The child, Christian Green, was in critical condition Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hikers found dead on California trail spent final moments trying to save baby, report says
- Is it time to change the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’?
- Parents of accused Michigan school shooter have ties to Issaquah
- A white teacher taught white students about white privilege. It cost him his job
- The woman who could bring down Roe v. Wade
Police say a man fired several shots at a car that subsequently crashed into a tree on Christmas Eve in Dayton. Christian was hit with a bullet fired from the rear. Police say the suspect was involved in a dispute with a passenger in the vehicle.