DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio man has been arrested on charges he fired shots at a car, hitting a 2-year-old boy in the head with a bullet.
Montgomery County court records show that a judge Wednesday ordered 20-year-old Nickolai (NIHK’-oh-leye) Gray Jr. held on $500,000 bond. He was jailed Tuesday on six charges, including four counts of felonious assault.
The clerk’s records didn’t show an attorney listed for Gray. His next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 7.
The child, Christian Green, was in critical condition Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick VIEW
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- Ricin is said to have been sent to White House
Police say a man fired several shots at a car that subsequently crashed into a tree on Christmas Eve in Dayton. Christian was hit with a bullet fired from the rear. Police say the suspect was involved in a dispute with a passenger in the vehicle.