CLEVELAND (AP) — A task force led by northern Ohio’s U.S. Marshal has arrested a manslaughter convict in Puerto Rico who’s been on the run since 1975.
Sixty-four-year-old Ramon Flores of Cleveland was arrested Tuesday in San Juan.
U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott says Flores was convicted of manslaughter for hitting a man in the face with brass knuckles and shooting him in the chest during an argument in July 1971. He also has an assault conviction stemming from an April 1971 stabbing and attempted robbery.
Flores was convicted and sentenced to two to 35 years in prison in 1972. He was released in January 1975, but fled after violating his parole.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
No current attorney information could be found for Flores in court records.