RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) — College of St. Joseph has hired an administrator from Ohio as its next president.
Board of Trustees President Jay Kenlan announced at the close of the college’s commencement Saturday that Jennifer Scott will take over next month. She’s senior director of assessment and program accreditation at Cincinnati-based Union Institute & University
The Rutland Herald reports that College of St. Joseph’s 59th commencement was almost its last.
Trustees announced in the spring that they were considering closing the school after declining enrollment and losses caused by a failed physician assistant program.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Down-ballot Democrats move to distance themselves from Sanders
- 'A new day': Harvey Weinstein convicted, led away in cuffs VIEW
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- YouTuber campaigns against 'climate alarmism,' drawing comparisons to Greta Thunberg
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Trustees ultimately voted to keep the college open. Outgoing president Lawrence Jensen said there’s a “strong path go to forward and pursue success in the future.”