SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Ogden police were prompted to pull a body from a pond after a photo of the remains was posted on Facebook.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports the body of 51-year-old Tracy Rex Kunzler was taken out of the pond Wednesday following the post to an Ogden community page Tuesday night.
Police Lt. Danielle Croyle says police were alerted to the body after people who saw the post called authorities. She says the person who posted the photo was unsure if the body was real and did not call police.
Police say the death is not believed to be suspicious. Police say information about how the man ended up in the pond or why they don’t suspect foul play cannot be released because it’s an ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com