SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Ogden police were prompted to pull a body from a pond after a photo of the remains was posted on Facebook.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports the body of 51-year-old Tracy Rex Kunzler was taken out of the pond Wednesday following the post to an Ogden community page Tuesday night.
Police Lt. Danielle Croyle says police were alerted to the body after people who saw the post called authorities. She says the person who posted the photo was unsure if the body was real and did not call police.
Police say the death is not believed to be suspicious. Police say information about how the man ended up in the pond or why they don’t suspect foul play cannot be released because it’s an ongoing investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com