SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah man accused of kidnapping, raping and killing a six-year-old girl is still not competent for trial.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports 46-year-old Terry Black, who is accusing of taking Sierra Newbold from her home and killing her on June 26, 2012, was found not competent to stand trial in 2016.
A judge ordered him to be treated at the Utah State Hospital last year.
Attorneys set another review date for Aug. 21 at a Thursday review hearing in 3rd District Court.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Judge Douglas Hogan says Black must stay at the hospital as officials are working to restore his competency.
If Black’s competency is restored and the case can move forward, prosecutors have agreed not to pursue the death penalty.
Information from: The Salt Lake Tribune, http://www.sltrib.com