COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a Nebraska teenager who died in a western Iowa lake.
The Iowa Natural Resources Department identified the boy in a news release Tuesday night as 16-year-old Edgar Gregorio Loarca Garcia, who lived in Omaha.
Witnesses saw the boy disappear around 1:15 p.m. Monday beneath the water at Lake Manawa beach in Council Bluffs. He was last seen on an inner tube near the ropes that mark the end of the swimming area. His body was found about two hours later.
The apparent drowning is being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Elton John, a favorite of Trump, performs at the Biden White House
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)