LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Officials have released the name of a man who was fatally shot by police in Kentucky.
The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office said in a statement on Wednesday that 21-year-old Demonjhea Jordan of Jeffersonville, Indiana, died Tuesday from gunshot wounds at University of Louisville Hospital.
News outlets reported the shooting happened after Louisville police located a man matching a description released after a robbery call. Police Chief Steve Conrad said the suspect and officers exchanged gunfire, and the suspect was hit.
Conrad said the suspect died after being taken to the hospital. Police have not identified the officers, but said they were not injured.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
They were placed on administrative reassignment during an investigation.