YORK, S.C. (AP) — Officials have released the name of an inmate who was found dead in a jail cell in South Carolina.
York County Coroner Sabrina Gast said in a news release that 38-year-old Oxavria Lenard Ingram of Rock Hill was the inmate who died Friday night in the county jail.
Gast says Ingram was found unresponsive in his cell. Emergency personnel were unable to revive him. Gast says final autopsy results are still pending.
Police say Ingram had been in jail since early April after he was arrested for possession of marijuana and contraband in the Rock Hill city jail. He had been charged with shoplifting in March.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ex-staffer's unauthorized book about Jan. 6 committee rankles members
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Poll: Most Democrats say ditch Biden as 2024 nominee; Trump is preferred candidate among Republicans
The State Law Enforcement Division is investigating Ingram’s death at the request of the sheriff’s department.