WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of the 85-year-old woman killed in a Massachusetts house fire that was spotted by a firefighter heading into work.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that Maria Montalvo died in the Monday morning fire in Worcester. The cause has not been determined, but investigators say it appears to be an accident.
Two other people, ages 64 and 65, were injured in the fire. Their names were not released.
An off-duty firefighter rushed in to help get them out after seeing the fire on his drive to work.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- Warren DNA analysis points to Native American heritage
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com