WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of the 85-year-old woman killed in a Massachusetts house fire that was spotted by a firefighter heading into work.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that Maria Montalvo died in the Monday morning fire in Worcester. The cause has not been determined, but investigators say it appears to be an accident.
Two other people, ages 64 and 65, were injured in the fire. Their names were not released.
An off-duty firefighter rushed in to help get them out after seeing the fire on his drive to work.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- 'Nobody should work here — ever': Teen uses intercom to quit Walmart
- 12-year-old in China kills his mother, then returns to school, igniting an outcry
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com