WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of the 85-year-old woman killed in a Massachusetts house fire that was spotted by a firefighter heading into work.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that Maria Montalvo died in the Monday morning fire in Worcester. The cause has not been determined, but investigators say it appears to be an accident.
Two other people, ages 64 and 65, were injured in the fire. Their names were not released.
An off-duty firefighter rushed in to help get them out after seeing the fire on his drive to work.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com