WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) — Authorities have released the name of the 85-year-old woman killed in a Massachusetts house fire that was spotted by a firefighter heading into work.
The Telegram & Gazette reports that Maria Montalvo died in the Monday morning fire in Worcester. The cause has not been determined, but investigators say it appears to be an accident.
Two other people, ages 64 and 65, were injured in the fire. Their names were not released.
An off-duty firefighter rushed in to help get them out after seeing the fire on his drive to work.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
Information from: Telegram & Gazette (Worcester, Mass.), http://www.telegram.com