PINEVILLE, La. (AP) — A pilot has died after a small plane crashed in Louisiana.
The Rapides Parish Sheriff’s Office, in a news release, said the crash was reported about 11:47 a.m. Friday.
The single-engine private aircraft was found in thick brush between Buhlow Lake and the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Pineville, a suburb of Alexandria.
The Town Talk reports the Federal Aviation Administration has taken over the investigation. Further details, including where the plane was headed, have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, trailblazing general stained by Iraq
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Colin Powell, warrior and statesman, dies of COVID complications
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The pilot, whose name and hometown has been withheld pending notification of family, appeared to be the only occupant.
Information from: Alexandria Daily Town Talk, http://www.thetowntalk.com