MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say a man was taken into custody after jumping a perimeter fence at Miami International Airport and sprinting across a runway.
News outlets report that Miami-Dade police responded to the tarmac Monday afternoon and apprehended the man, who wasn’t immediately named.
Police say the man was apparently trying to take a shortcut. He told investigators that he had been dropped off at the airport to fill out an application and decided to jump the fence after realizing he was in wrong place.
It wasn’t clear if any flights were affected by the intruder.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
No injuries were reported.