LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Officials say a Georgia man and his dog were killed in a house fire.
A Gwinnett County Fire Department news release says the Lawrenceville man and his dog were killed Sunday.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports a neighbor called 911 Sunday morning to report what sounded like an explosion followed by flames and smoke pouring from the house.
The body of the man along with two dogs were found inside. One of the dogs was found alive. The man was the only person home at the time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Officials say the neighbor’s report of an explosion may be attributed to medical oxygen tanks and ammunition in the house.
Authorities have not released the man’s name and the cause of the fire is still under investigation