LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — Officials say a Georgia man and his dog were killed in a house fire.
A Gwinnett County Fire Department news release says the Lawrenceville man and his dog were killed Sunday.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports a neighbor called 911 Sunday morning to report what sounded like an explosion followed by flames and smoke pouring from the house.
The body of the man along with two dogs were found inside. One of the dogs was found alive. The man was the only person home at the time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Ex-policeman charged with decades-old serial killings VIEW
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- He froze to death inside a multimillion-dollar town house — and now the state is investigating
- A lynching memorial is opening in Alabama. The country has never seen anything like it
- Recycling innovator Eric Lundgren loses appeal on computer restore discs, must serve 15-month prison term
Officials say the neighbor’s report of an explosion may be attributed to medical oxygen tanks and ammunition in the house.
Authorities have not released the man’s name and the cause of the fire is still under investigation