ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A jailer in Kentucky has been arrested after a fight with a sheriff’s deputy.
Hardin County deputies told news outlets in a statement Wednesday that Deputy Jailer Joseph Funk is charged with assault, resisting arrest and menacing.
Jailer Danny Allen says Funk got into an argument with Deputy Sheriff Clennon Smith, who was turning over an inmate’s property in a backpack.
Allen says that argument escalated into a fight after Smith tried to hand the bag over to Funk through a window.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The fight, which was caught on camera, was broken up and Funk was taken into custody.
Allen says Funk has worked at the Hardin County Detention Center since 2011.
He has been suspended with pay.
It’s unclear if Funk has an attorney. Smith is still on the job.