PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office river patrol deputies recovered a man’s body from the Columbia River.
Deputies responded to a report of a body in the water of the North Portland Harbor, near the east end, around 9:40 a.m. Friday.
KATU-TV reports that the sheriff’s office says it will conduct a death investigation.
The body will be turned over to the Multnomah County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Former cop attacks Thai day care center, kills at least 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
Information from: KATU-TV, http://www.katu.com/