SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Officials have identified the victims of a murder-suicide in South Carolina earlier this week.
Berkeley County sheriff’s deputies were called to a Summerville neighborhood late Monday morning and found bodies in front of two homes across from each other.
Investigators said Tuesday that 51-yeear-old Robert Byrne shot and killed his wife, 40-year-old Robin Byrne, and then killed himself.
Chief Deputy Mike Cochran said Monday there were several eyewitnesses to the shootings. It was still not clear Tuesday what led to the shootings.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm