WEST BABYLON, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities on Long Island are investigating a garage fire that destroyed two school buses over the weekend.
Newsday reports the fire at the West Babylon school district garage happened early Sunday. Superintendent Dr. Yiendhy Farrelly says the blaze destroyed two buses and damaged two others. According to Farrelly, the fire also damaged the garage.
Farrelly said in a statement that the district is taking steps to ensure the district busing schedule isn’t affected.
The Suffolk County fire marshal’s office is investigating the cause of the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com