WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Officials in Delaware’s largest city are eyeing an ordinance expanding the hours for alcohol sales on Sundays.
The proposed ordinance would allow liquor stores to sell alcohol on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday sales currently are allowed only from noon to 4 p.m.
Under the ordinance to be considered Thursday, liquor stores operating as a non-conforming use under city code would remain restricted to the current Sunday hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
- CNN drops suit against White House after Jim Acosta's press pass is fully restored