WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Officials in Delaware’s largest city are eyeing an ordinance expanding the hours for alcohol sales on Sundays.
The proposed ordinance would allow liquor stores to sell alcohol on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday sales currently are allowed only from noon to 4 p.m.
Under the ordinance to be considered Thursday, liquor stores operating as a non-conforming use under city code would remain restricted to the current Sunday hours.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- Everett teen arrested after grandmother finds journal detailing school-shooting plot, police say