WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Officials in Delaware’s largest city are eyeing an ordinance expanding the hours for alcohol sales on Sundays.
The proposed ordinance would allow liquor stores to sell alcohol on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday sales currently are allowed only from noon to 4 p.m.
Under the ordinance to be considered Thursday, liquor stores operating as a non-conforming use under city code would remain restricted to the current Sunday hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Man arrested after driver rams into 3 on Oregon sidewalk VIEW
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely
- Inside a semitruck in Nebraska, troopers found enough fentanyl to kill 26 million people