WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Officials in Delaware’s largest city are eyeing an ordinance expanding the hours for alcohol sales on Sundays.
The proposed ordinance would allow liquor stores to sell alcohol on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday sales currently are allowed only from noon to 4 p.m.
Under the ordinance to be considered Thursday, liquor stores operating as a non-conforming use under city code would remain restricted to the current Sunday hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- Another trial looms for ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort
- Wary of taking the fall, White House counsel cooperates with Mueller VIEW
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires