LYTTON, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a traffic accident in northwest Iowa killed the younger brother of the Des Moines police chief.
The crash occurred around 2:30 p.m. Monday near Lytton in rural Sac County. The Iowa State Patrol says the vehicle driven by 44-year-old Deon Wingert drifted into a ditch, hit a field entryway, went airborne and then rolled several times, ejecting him.
Deon Wingert was pronounced dead at the scene. He lived in Carroll.
A Des Moines police spokesman said Tuesday that Chief Dana Wingert didn’t wish to comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events