COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Fire officials in Maryland say a construction worker has died after falling down an elevator shaft.
WBAL reported that the accident occurred Friday morning in Cockeysville, which is outside of Baltimore.
Michael David Zeller was working in a building that was being renovated. A preliminary investigation indicates that Zeller may have fallen about 20 feet. It also appears that he became trapped between a wall and an elevator counter-weight.
Rescue crews were able to pull Zeller out. But the 31-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
The incident remains under investigation. Local police as well as Maryland Occupational Safety and Health officials are also involved in the investigation.
Information from: WBAL-AM, http://www.wbal.com