COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (AP) — Fire officials in Maryland say a construction worker has died after falling down an elevator shaft.
WBAL reported that the accident occurred Friday morning in Cockeysville, which is outside of Baltimore.
Michael David Zeller was working in a building that was being renovated. A preliminary investigation indicates that Zeller may have fallen about 20 feet. It also appears that he became trapped between a wall and an elevator counter-weight.
Rescue crews were able to pull Zeller out. But the 31-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
The incident remains under investigation. Local police as well as Maryland Occupational Safety and Health officials are also involved in the investigation.
Information from: WBAL-AM, http://www.wbal.com