MILTON, N.H. (AP) — Officials with a New Hampshire electric utility say a bird flew into a substation and knocked out power for thousands of customers.
Eversource officials say power was restored before 8 a.m. Wednesday after the bird flew into the Milton substation. WMUR-TV reports power went out for about 10,000 people around 7 a.m. that morning.
School officials in Milton decided to cancel classes for the day because of the power problems.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com