EUTAW, Ala. (AP) — Alabama authorities are searching for an escaped inmate who was recently convicted of shooting at a sheriff’s deputy.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency told media outlets Tuesday night that state and local authorities are looking for 23-year-old Eric Washington of Eutaw.
Spokesman Reginal King says Washington overpowered the staff at Greene County jail and took their keys before fleeing on foot about 9 p.m. He was last seen wearing black shorts and no shirt.
Authorities say Washington is serving a 30-year sentence after shooting at a Greene County deputy during a pursuit last year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- Notre-Dame came far closer to collapsing than anybody knew VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Here are the Republicans who broke with their party and other takeaways from the vote on Trump’s language
- Abigail Disney is taking her family's company to task over working conditions at Disneyland
Officials say he is considered armed and dangerous.