GORHAM, Maine (AP) — The Maine Department of Public Safety says an 82-year-old man cooking at his stove has died in a kitchen fire.
Department spokesman Steve McCausland says the man died at his mobile home in Gorham. He will not be identified until investigators locate and notify his family. The fire was reported early Wednesday and was brought under control around 7 p.m.
McCausland says firefighters were initially able to rescue the man, but were unable to revive him.
McCausland says it appears the man was cooking something on the stove when it caught fire and spread. Gorham firefighters found the man in the bathroom.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- 4 Americans among 5 dead in Costa Rica rafting accident
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- Hurricane Willa a Category 4 storm in Pacific off Mexico
The home was destroyed.