GORHAM, Maine (AP) — The Maine Department of Public Safety says an 82-year-old man cooking at his stove has died in a kitchen fire.
Department spokesman Steve McCausland says the man died at his mobile home in Gorham. He will not be identified until investigators locate and notify his family. The fire was reported early Wednesday and was brought under control around 7 p.m.
McCausland says firefighters were initially able to rescue the man, but were unable to revive him.
McCausland says it appears the man was cooking something on the stove when it caught fire and spread. Gorham firefighters found the man in the bathroom.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that survived California wildfire and guarded home for weeks is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Michelle Obama lights up Internet with frank criticism of Facebook exec's 'lean in' mantra
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff VIEW
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
The home was destroyed.