SHERWOOD, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot and killed by police southwest of Portland in Sherwood.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a report Friday afternoon about a suspicious vehicle and possibly armed man near Southwest Scholls-Sherwood Road and Roy Rogers Road.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports when an officer tried to contact the man in the vehicle, he fired at the officer and fled in his vehicle, according to sheriff’s office spokesman Jeff Talbot.
The sheriff’s office says the man started driving again and authorities in an armored vehicle pursued him. The vehicle eventually caught up to the pickup and authorities say officers fired at the man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling WATCH
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
Multiple news outlets captured video of the incident which appears to show the armored vehicle hitting the pickup followed by shots fired from the vehicle into the truck.
Sherwood police and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.