SHERWOOD, Ore. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot and killed by police southwest of Portland in Sherwood.
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office received a report Friday afternoon about a suspicious vehicle and possibly armed man near Southwest Scholls-Sherwood Road and Roy Rogers Road.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports when an officer tried to contact the man in the vehicle, he fired at the officer and fled in his vehicle, according to sheriff’s office spokesman Jeff Talbot.
The sheriff’s office says the man started driving again and authorities in an armored vehicle pursued him. The vehicle eventually caught up to the pickup and authorities say officers fired at the man.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Multiple news outlets captured video of the incident which appears to show the armored vehicle hitting the pickup followed by shots fired from the vehicle into the truck.
Sherwood police and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.