BATESVILLE, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas police officer who was wounded in a shooting that left a man dead earlier this month has been released from a hospital.
KAIT-TV reports that Batesville Officer Michael Dickinson was released Wednesday after being wounded in the Nov. 3 shooting that left 44-year-old Marvin Stair dead.
Details of Dickinson’s injuries haven’t been released, but Police Chief Alan Cockrell said he faces a lengthy recovery and it isn’t known if he’ll be able to return to police work.
Arkansas State Police have said Dickinson was investigating a domestic disturbance when he was shot by Stair. State police say Dickinson returned fire and called for help and other officers fatally shot when Stair he air when pointed a rifle at them as they arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
State police are investigating the shooting.
Information from: KAIT-TV, http://www.kait8.com/