LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer in southeastern North Carolina was injured when his partner’s gun accidentally discharged.
Multiple media outlets report Lumberton police Officer James Walters suffered injuries that aren’t life-threatening when he was shot Friday.
Lumberton police said in a news release that Walters was injured when Officer Aaron Revels’ service weapon accidentally discharged.
The release says the Lumberton Police Department has requested assistance from the State Bureau of Investigation, which is standard operating procedure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding