LUMBERTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a police officer in southeastern North Carolina was injured when his partner’s gun accidentally discharged.
Multiple media outlets report Lumberton police Officer James Walters suffered injuries that aren’t life-threatening when he was shot Friday.
Lumberton police said in a news release that Walters was injured when Officer Aaron Revels’ service weapon accidentally discharged.
The release says the Lumberton Police Department has requested assistance from the State Bureau of Investigation, which is standard operating procedure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports