HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio correctional officer seriously injured in an off-duty motorcycle crash has died.
The Butler County Sheriff’s Office says 54-year-old Sgt. Carol Seals died Tuesday at Kettering Medical Center.
Authorities say Seals was learning how to drive her three-wheel motorcycle in southwestern Ohio’s Preble County when she crossed a road and struck the wall of a barn May 12.
She was not wearing a helmet and suffered severe head injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘We’re going away’: A state’s choice to forgo Medicaid funds is killing hospitals VIEW
Seals joined the Butler County Sheriff’s Office in 2005. Sheriff Richard Jones says Seals was hard-working and was loved by everyone she worked with.