HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio correctional officer seriously injured in an off-duty motorcycle crash has died.
The Butler County Sheriff’s Office says 54-year-old Sgt. Carol Seals died Tuesday at Kettering Medical Center.
Authorities say Seals was learning how to drive her three-wheel motorcycle in southwestern Ohio’s Preble County when she crossed a road and struck the wall of a barn May 12.
She was not wearing a helmet and suffered severe head injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Justice Department is reviewing role of fake Trump electors, top official says
Seals joined the Butler County Sheriff’s Office in 2005. Sheriff Richard Jones says Seals was hard-working and was loved by everyone she worked with.