BLUE GRASS, Iowa (AP) — Scott County authorities say the officer injured when a stolen garbage truck crashed into his cruiser is the police chief in Buffalo.
Sheriff Tim Lane said in a news release Tuesday that Chief T.J. Behning was standing at the rear of his cruiser and was struck by it Monday when the truck rammed it. Lane says Behning is reported in serious condition at an Iowa City hospital.
The Quad-City Times reports that the man who authorities say was driving the truck has been charged with attempted murder and other crimes, including some not related to the crash. He’s been identified as 20-year-old Logan Shoemaker. Court records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Authorities say Shoemaker stole the truck after his pickup collided with it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
Information from: Quad-City Times, http://www.qctimes.com