CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey police officer has been charged with sexually assaulting a juvenile after a teen girl gave birth to his child.
The Camden County Prosecutor’s office says that Camden County Detective Rafael Martinez Jr., of Blackwood, faces a sexual assault charge stemming from his relationship with an unidentified 15-year-old girl.
The official complaint says DNA tests performed by the state police based on samples from Martinez, the girl and the child show that Martinez is the father.
Martinez was arrested on Sept. 12 and has been suspended without pay.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
It is not clear whether Martinez has an attorney to speak on his behalf.