DENVER (AP) — Authorities say an officer was wounded north of Denver, and they are asking people to shelter away from doors and windows as they search for a suspect.
The Adams County Sheriff’s Office tweeted Wednesday night that an officer was “down” and that investigators had set a large perimeter for the search. No information was released about the officer’s condition or the circumstances of the injury.
The incident happened in a residential area just east of Interstate 25 and about 8 miles (13 kilometers) north of downtown Denver.
The sheriff’s office described the situation in another tweet as a “large dangerous scene with active searches in progress.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
A message left with a sheriff’s spokesman was not immediately returned.