NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a police officer assigned to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s security detail was shot with a pellet gun in front of the mayor’s home.
It happened at Gracie Mansion, the mayor’s official residence in Manhattan, around 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
A police spokesman says the officer was exiting an unmarked police vehicle when she “felt pain in the lower back.”
Investigators believe she was shot with a pellet gun. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- TikToker ate just McDonald’s for 100 days — and lost 58 pounds
- No survivors found after plane that flew over DC, led to fighter jets scramble crashes in Virginia
- Colleagues want a 95-year-old judge to retire. She's suing them instead
- Loss of oxygen in cabin may have led to Virginia plane crash, experts say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police say the mayor was not home at the time.
An 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl were taken into custody for questioning. No charges have been filed.
A spokeswoman for the mayor referred questions to police.