NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a police officer assigned to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s security detail was shot with a pellet gun in front of the mayor’s home.
It happened at Gracie Mansion, the mayor’s official residence in Manhattan, around 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
A police spokesman says the officer was exiting an unmarked police vehicle when she “felt pain in the lower back.”
Investigators believe she was shot with a pellet gun. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Two-dose coronavirus vaccine regimens will make it harder to inoculate America
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate
Police say the mayor was not home at the time.
An 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl were taken into custody for questioning. No charges have been filed.
A spokeswoman for the mayor referred questions to police.