NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a police officer assigned to New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s security detail was shot with a pellet gun in front of the mayor’s home.
It happened at Gracie Mansion, the mayor’s official residence in Manhattan, around 7:15 p.m. Sunday.
A police spokesman says the officer was exiting an unmarked police vehicle when she “felt pain in the lower back.”
Investigators believe she was shot with a pellet gun. She was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Image of Queen Elizabeth II sitting alone at Philip's funeral breaks hearts around the world
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Armed 'quick reaction force' was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says
Police say the mayor was not home at the time.
An 18-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl were taken into custody for questioning. No charges have been filed.
A spokeswoman for the mayor referred questions to police.