NEW YORK (AP) — An off-duty New York City police sergeant has been arrested after authorities say he shot the mother of his child in the neck during a domestic dispute.
A spokesman for Westchester County prosecutors says Jose Guerrero was arraigned on a reckless endangerment charge. He posted bail and is due back in court next month.
Officials say Guerrero was arrested Wednesday after the 39-year-old woman entered a Yonkers emergency room with a gunshot wound.
A New York Police Department spokesman says the 49-year-old Guerrero has been suspended without pay.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cambridge Analytica database identified Black U.S. voters as ripe for 'deterrence,' British broadcaster says
- Chaotic first debate: Taunts overpower Trump, Biden visions WATCH
- 4 take-aways from the first 2020 presidential debate VIEW
- Tax records reveal how ‘Apprentice’ fame gave Trump a $427 million lifeline
- AP FACT CHECK: False claims swamp first Trump-Biden debate VIEW
It wasn’t immediately clear if the 16-year veteran had an attorney who could comment on the charges. His union declined to comment.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/1IuZROA ) reports that Guerrero is a fifth-degree karate black belt who founded a Yonkers dojo.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com