NEW YORK (AP) — An off-duty New York City police sergeant has been arrested after authorities say he shot the mother of his child in the neck during a domestic dispute.
A spokesman for Westchester County prosecutors says Jose Guerrero was arraigned on a reckless endangerment charge. He posted bail and is due back in court next month.
Officials say Guerrero was arrested Wednesday after the 39-year-old woman entered a Yonkers emergency room with a gunshot wound.
A New York Police Department spokesman says the 49-year-old Guerrero has been suspended without pay.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sydney man finds snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
It wasn’t immediately clear if the 16-year veteran had an attorney who could comment on the charges. His union declined to comment.
The Daily News (http://nydn.us/1IuZROA ) reports that Guerrero is a fifth-degree karate black belt who founded a Yonkers dojo.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com