CLARKSVILLE, Md. (AP) — An off-duty D.C. police officer has been killed in a collision with a tractor-trailer truck.
Howard County police said 31-year-old Barry Martin Eastman of Ellicott City died Monday morning after his car veered across a double-yellow line in the Clarksville area and collided with a truck headed in the opposite direction. Eastman died at the scene of the crash on Route 32.
The truck driver, 53-year-old Ira Goldberg of Frederick, was not injured.
A spokeswoman for the D.C. police said Eastman had been a member of the department for more than four years. She said the crash happened after Eastman finished his overnight shift.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Howard County police are investigating the cause of the accident.