CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — A South Texas woman gave a small bag of dead cockroaches to a city official to protest newly planted palm trees that she blames for more unwanted bugs in her neighborhood.
Patricia Polastri on Tuesday told the Corpus Christi City Council that she’s seen more rodents and unwanted insects, including cockroaches, since the trees were planted. Polastri, who lives on scenic Ocean Drive, also complained that the palm trees block her view of Corpus Christi Bay.
The college instructor gave the plastic bag of cockroaches to City Manager Keith Selman. She asked council members to reconsider the landscaping, which includes more than 150 palms, and to plant the trees across Corpus Christi.
Council members took no action on the remarks during a public comment period.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
- 'If you took it all in in one day, it would kill you': What Mueller's investigation has already revealed