CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — A South Texas woman gave a small bag of dead cockroaches to a city official to protest newly planted palm trees that she blames for more unwanted bugs in her neighborhood.
Patricia Polastri on Tuesday told the Corpus Christi City Council that she’s seen more rodents and unwanted insects, including cockroaches, since the trees were planted. Polastri, who lives on scenic Ocean Drive, also complained that the palm trees block her view of Corpus Christi Bay.
The college instructor gave the plastic bag of cockroaches to City Manager Keith Selman. She asked council members to reconsider the landscaping, which includes more than 150 palms, and to plant the trees across Corpus Christi.
Council members took no action on the remarks during a public comment period.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next