CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — A South Texas woman gave a small bag of dead cockroaches to a city official to protest newly planted palm trees that she blames for more unwanted bugs in her neighborhood.
Patricia Polastri on Tuesday told the Corpus Christi City Council that she’s seen more rodents and unwanted insects, including cockroaches, since the trees were planted. Polastri, who lives on scenic Ocean Drive, also complained that the palm trees block her view of Corpus Christi Bay.
The college instructor gave the plastic bag of cockroaches to City Manager Keith Selman. She asked council members to reconsider the landscaping, which includes more than 150 palms, and to plant the trees across Corpus Christi.
Council members took no action on the remarks during a public comment period.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I'm having a bad dream': Air Canada reviews how crew left passenger on parked plane
- Trump sanctions Iran's supreme leader in provocative move
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- 30 tents abandoned by climbers add to trash pile on Everest VIEW
- France put on hot weather alert as heatwave reaches Europe VIEW