MOSCOW — The Russian Armed Forces have unveiled their latest cutting-edge weapon in a New Year’s greetings video: cuddly puppies.
After a year of showing off its military might in Syria, the Defense Ministry has taken a softer approach in a one-minute video showing dozens of puppies sharing food and cuddling with each other. Older dogs are shown playing with unidentified officers.
In the Chinese calendar, 2018 is the year of the dog, so many Russians are using dogs in their holiday greetings this season.
Over 3,000 dogs are employed in the Russian armed forces.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Dogs from the 470th Dog Breeding Center outside Moscow are among the most decorated in Russia. The center won an international competition last summer against the canine forces of Belarus, Egypt, Iran and Uzbekistan.