SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Two New Mexico men are facing charges after police say the pair went on a spree of stealing trash cans around Santa Fe.
The Santa Fe New Mexican reports 50-year-old Kenneth Brooks and 19-year-old Nicola Weydeveld were arrested Sunday after a security guard spotted them pushing rolling trash carts with trash cans inside from the Santa Fe Community Convention Center.
A criminal complaint says police found the two men next to the two carts with other trash carts loaded inside.
Court documents say Weydeveld told police he intended to use the trash carts for personal use.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
- Biden launches 2020 bid warning 'soul' of America at stake VIEW
Police say one stolen bin was valued at more than $3,200.
The men were ordered held on an unsecured bond of $2,500 each on larceny charges. It was not known if they had attorneys.