JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi are investigating a break-in at a fast food restaurant where frozen chicken was taken.
Jackson Police Cmdr. Tyree Jones tells WJTV (http://bit.ly/28Ko9my ) that witnesses told police they saw a man enter a Church’s Chicken just before 5 a.m. Tuesday, steal three boxes of frozen chicken and ride off on his bike.
Jones says police caught up with 67-year-old Cliff Hayes several blocks away.
The Clarion-Ledger reports (http://on.thec-l.com/28LgNz5 ) Hayes was charged with business burglary. Several boxes of frozen chicken were recovered and returned.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Promotes Posts From Racist Twitter Feed
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- The coronavirus is deadliest where Democrats live
- Biden marks Memorial Day at veterans park near Delaware home VIEW
- Undersea explorers find wreck of USS Nevada, the ship that almost escaped Pearl Harbor
It was not immediately clear whether Hayes has an attorney to comment on his behalf.
This story has been corrected to show the man arrested is 67 years old.
Information from: WJTV-TV, http://www.wjtv.com