HAZLET, N.J. (AP) — Police in a New Jersey town are asking the person who was expecting 50 pounds of marijuana in the mail to come claim the package.
The pot was delivered to a home in Hazlet. The homeowner called police, because it was addressed to someone who did not live at the residence.
Police say they were trying to figure out how to find the person when they opened the packages and discovered the marijuana in sealed bags. Police say the person is more than welcome to come to police headquarters to claim them.
In the meantime, officers are trying to find the shipper and intended recipient.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events