STILLWATER, N.Y. (AP) — Police say an upstate New York man had his 10-year-old drive his pickup truck while he was sitting in the passenger seat drunk.
The Times Union of Albany reports (http://bit.ly/1JblRYo ) police in the Saratoga County town of Stillwater were contacted by a motorist on Saturday who saw the child driving the truck on Route 9P.
Police say officers pulled over the truck and found that the 10-year-old was behind the wheel while his father, 46-year-old John Barling of Saratoga Springs, was intoxicated in the passenger seat.
Police say the child was picked up by a relative and Barling was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and permitting unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
Saratoga County Child Protective Services was contacted by police.
It couldn’t be determined if Barling has an attorney who could comment on the charges.
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com