ANTHEM, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona teen says she was denied service at a Starbucks drive-thru after she tried to order a Frappuccino while on a horse.
KNXV-TV in Phoenix reports a Starbucks in Anthem, Arizona, recently told Aspen Cline it wouldn’t serve her when she and her horse, Scout, galloped to the drive-thru.
Cline says the barista didn’t give a reason and only said the store couldn’t take her order. The teen says she also had planned to give her horse some cream.
Starbucks told the station that drive-thru windows were only for cars out of safety reasons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Bombshell book alleges a Vatican gay subculture, hypocrisy
However, there are a number of videos online of horse riders ordering lattes at Starbucks drive-thru windows.
Cline says she wanted the horse drive-thru experience for her birthday.
Information from: KNXV-TV, http://www.abc15.com