ANTHEM, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona teen says she was denied service at a Starbucks drive-thru after she tried to order a Frappuccino while on a horse.
KNXV-TV in Phoenix reports a Starbucks in Anthem, Arizona, recently told Aspen Cline it wouldn’t serve her when she and her horse, Scout, galloped to the drive-thru.
Cline says the barista didn’t give a reason and only said the store couldn’t take her order. The teen says she also had planned to give her horse some cream.
Starbucks told the station that drive-thru windows were only for cars out of safety reasons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Tri-Cities teen charged with selling his friend to an adult for sex
- Trump, in call, urged Ukraine to investigate Biden's son VIEW
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Where have the wild birds gone? 3 billion fewer than in 1970
- Women leave Montana town over border agency lawsuit backlash
However, there are a number of videos online of horse riders ordering lattes at Starbucks drive-thru windows.
Cline says she wanted the horse drive-thru experience for her birthday.
Information from: KNXV-TV, http://www.abc15.com