ANTHEM, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona teen says she was denied service at a Starbucks drive-thru after she tried to order a Frappuccino while on a horse.
KNXV-TV in Phoenix reports a Starbucks in Anthem, Arizona, recently told Aspen Cline it wouldn’t serve her when she and her horse, Scout, galloped to the drive-thru.
Cline says the barista didn’t give a reason and only said the store couldn’t take her order. The teen says she also had planned to give her horse some cream.
Starbucks told the station that drive-thru windows were only for cars out of safety reasons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
- US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence
- Judge bars Biden from enforcing 100-day deportation ban
- Biden may be stuck with some Trumpists
- Biden to reopen ACA marketplaces, lower barriers for joining Medicaid
However, there are a number of videos online of horse riders ordering lattes at Starbucks drive-thru windows.
Cline says she wanted the horse drive-thru experience for her birthday.
Information from: KNXV-TV, http://www.abc15.com