ANTHEM, Ariz. (AP) — An Arizona teen says she was denied service at a Starbucks drive-thru after she tried to order a Frappuccino while on a horse.
KNXV-TV in Phoenix reports a Starbucks in Anthem, Arizona, recently told Aspen Cline it wouldn’t serve her when she and her horse, Scout, galloped to the drive-thru.
Cline says the barista didn’t give a reason and only said the store couldn’t take her order. The teen says she also had planned to give her horse some cream.
Starbucks told the station that drive-thru windows were only for cars out of safety reasons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Why the delta variant is giving more children COVID
- Coroner IDs remains, says Gabby Petito was homicide victim
- San Francisco's mayor blasted for dancing maskless at a crowded club. She called her critics the 'fun police'
- Gabby Petito story boosted by social media, true-crime craze
However, there are a number of videos online of horse riders ordering lattes at Starbucks drive-thru windows.
Cline says she wanted the horse drive-thru experience for her birthday.
Information from: KNXV-TV, http://www.abc15.com