CRESTVIEW, Fla. (AP) — Spring break is underway and the beer is already flowing — onto a Florida interstate highway.
Okaloosa County Sheriff’s officials said on Facebook Wednesday that a tractor-trailer carrying Busch beer spilled its cargo onto Interstate 10 in the Florida Panhandle.
In a news release, the Florida Highway Patrol said 44-year-old Michael Nolan Powell of Simpsonville, South Carolina, failed to maintain his lane, resulting in the truck running onto the shoulder of the road before overturning. He was treated for minor injuries at the scene and is charged with careless driving.
Troopers said about 60,000 pounds (27,000 kilograms) of Busch beer was tossed from the trailer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As protectors abandon Trump, investigation draws closer
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing