MASSAPEQUA, N.Y. (AP) — Guests watching a fireworks display after a New York wedding were cheering the bride, groom and booms when police arrived. The groom ended up under arrest.
Nassau County police say they were called to a Massapequa (mass-ah-PEEK’-wah) home early Saturday and found a big party with professional-level pyrotechnics in the backyard.
Police say 39-year-old Thomas Giglio explained he was setting them off to celebrate his wedding.
He was arraigned Saturday on a fireworks possession charge. Bond was set at $5,000.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
His lawyer’s name isn’t immediately available. No working phone number for him could immediately be found, and a message left at a possible phone number for a relative wasn’t immediately returned.