BERLIN — Oh sprat!
A tractor-trailer tried to take a turn and toppled over, tipping its entire load of fish onto a German farmer’s field.
Police says some 20 metric tons (22 tons) of sprat spilled out of the truck in Friday’s accident in the northeastern state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Sprat are small herrings.
German news agency dpa quoted a police spokesman saying: “The fish bar is open.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts