CHARLOTTE HALL, Md. (AP) — Even beavers are getting in the holiday spirit.
That’s what one sheriff’s office discovered this week when it spotted a curious beaver checking out Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside of Washington, D.C.
The St. Mary County Sheriff’s office in Maryland says the beaver walked through the door at the Dollar General on Monday, wandered into the Christmas section and knocked a few items over before being safely removed by animal control.
Sheriff’s office Spokeswoman Jennifer Stone says the animal has since been released to a wildlife rehabilitator. Stone says the animal did not cause any property damage.
Most Read Stories
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Analysis | Three thoughts from No. 15 WSU's 28-0 win over Colorado
- Seahawks gain control of their emotions, and the ball, to finally break loose from Giants, 24-7
The sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook that as an officer “you never know what your next call may be.”