Sisters give birth on same day at hospital in west Georgia
COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Two sisters. Two new babies around the same time — again.
Piedmont Columbus Regional said in a statement that sisters Mara Meighan and Jennifer Solis went into labor on the same day last week and gave birth nearly at the same time at the hospital’s midtown campus in west Georgia. The hospital also says the sisters had their first children around the same time nine years ago.
Meighan gave birth to a girl named Ana Grace, while Solis had a boy named Marco. Ana Grace weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces, and Marco was 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
The hospital says both babies are healthy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
- 'If you took it all in in one day, it would kill you': What Mueller's investigation has already revealed
Hospital officials didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment on whether the sisters or doctors did anything to influence when the babies arrived.