Sisters give birth on same day at hospital in west Georgia
COLUMBUS, Ga. (AP) — Two sisters. Two new babies around the same time — again.
Piedmont Columbus Regional said in a statement that sisters Mara Meighan and Jennifer Solis went into labor on the same day last week and gave birth nearly at the same time at the hospital’s midtown campus in west Georgia. The hospital also says the sisters had their first children around the same time nine years ago.
Meighan gave birth to a girl named Ana Grace, while Solis had a boy named Marco. Ana Grace weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces, and Marco was 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
The hospital says both babies are healthy.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- Asia Argento, who accused Harvey Weinstein, made deal with her own accuser
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
- Alligator kills woman trying to protect her dog at resort
Hospital officials didn’t immediately return a call seeking comment on whether the sisters or doctors did anything to influence when the babies arrived.