ATLANTA (AP) — Bears don’t usually pack a lunch, but they’ll be happy to eat whatever someone else has prepared.
WSB-TV reports that Carrie Watts of Rabun County found a large black bear enjoying her sandwich, chips and a cookie inside her minivan after climbing through an open window.
Watts had left the windows down Wednesday to combat the summer heat. She initially thought the bear was a black cat.
She says the bear spent about 30 minutes in the minivan before it climbed back out the window and scaled a tree.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Watts said lunch wasn’t the only thing the bear demolished; it also destroyed her child’s car seat and shredded some paperwork.