ATLANTA (AP) — Bears don’t usually pack a lunch, but they’ll be happy to eat whatever someone else has prepared.
WSB-TV reports that Carrie Watts of Rabun County found a large black bear enjoying her sandwich, chips and a cookie inside her minivan after climbing through an open window.
Watts had left the windows down Wednesday to combat the summer heat. She initially thought the bear was a black cat.
She says the bear spent about 30 minutes in the minivan before it climbed back out the window and scaled a tree.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Watts said lunch wasn’t the only thing the bear demolished; it also destroyed her child’s car seat and shredded some paperwork.