ATLANTA (AP) — Bears don’t usually pack a lunch, but they’ll be happy to eat whatever someone else has prepared.
WSB-TV reports that Carrie Watts of Rabun County found a large black bear enjoying her sandwich, chips and a cookie inside her minivan after climbing through an open window.
Watts had left the windows down Wednesday to combat the summer heat. She initially thought the bear was a black cat.
She says the bear spent about 30 minutes in the minivan before it climbed back out the window and scaled a tree.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- Death toll from Missouri duck boat accident climbs to 17 VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
Watts said lunch wasn’t the only thing the bear demolished; it also destroyed her child’s car seat and shredded some paperwork.