ATLANTA (AP) — Bears don’t usually pack a lunch, but they’ll be happy to eat whatever someone else has prepared.
WSB-TV reports that Carrie Watts of Rabun County found a large black bear enjoying her sandwich, chips and a cookie inside her minivan after climbing through an open window.
Watts had left the windows down Wednesday to combat the summer heat. She initially thought the bear was a black cat.
She says the bear spent about 30 minutes in the minivan before it climbed back out the window and scaled a tree.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Watts said lunch wasn’t the only thing the bear demolished; it also destroyed her child’s car seat and shredded some paperwork.