MIAMI (AP) — Police say they’ve arrested a man days after a complaint that someone was spotted crawling under library tables and smelling a woman’s feet at Florida International University.
Miami-Dade police say 52-year-old Eddy Juan was arrested Tuesday and charged with violation of sexual offender registration, fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, aggravated assault and resisting without violence.
FIU police had previously released a notice warning students that a man was spotted under a table at a campus library Aug. 29, along with a description and photo. Authorities say a man matching that description was spotted Tuesday on a scooter several miles from the campus. Officers attempted a traffic stop, but say the man fled, eventually crashed and was arrested.
Bail information wasn’t immediately available. It wasn’t clear if Juan had an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Can a trillion-dollar coin break the debt gridlock in Washington?