BATH, N.Y. (AP) — National cemeteries across upstate New York will join those around the nation in honoring veterans this Memorial Day.
The Department of Veterans Affairs says events are planned for Monday at Bath National Cemetery, Woodlawn National Cemetery in Elmira and the Gerald B. H. Solomon Saratoga National Cemetery in Schuylerville.
Lt. Col. Dave Panzera of the 109th Airlift Wing will be keynote speaker at the Saratoga ceremony. In Bath, retired Lt. Col. Richard Salgueiro will speak. U.S. Navy Chaplain Lew Brown will lead the service at Woodlawn.
The VA is planning to open a fourth cemetery, in Pembroke, within the next two years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Supreme Court allows Jan. 6 committee to get Trump documents
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- Carhartt said vaccination remains mandatory for employees. A conservative backlash ensued
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest